The doctor at the center of the investigation into Michael Jackson’s death has spoken publicly for the first time since the singer died.
Dr Conrad Murray, who was with the star when he suffered a cardiac arrest on 25 June, posted a video on YouTube thanking his supporters.
In the short, one-minute clip, Dr Murray said: “I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail.”
Watch This YouTube Video of Dr. Murray.
He has not been named as an official suspect in the investigation.
However, court records have identified the 51-year-old as the subject of a manslaughter enquiry and he has been interviewed twice by police.
‘Strength and courage’
So far Dr Murray has shied away from speaking in public, with statements being made through his lawyer.
“Because of all that is going on, I am afraid to return phone calls or use my e-mail,” Murray said.
“I recorded this video to let all of you know that I have been receiving your messages. Your messages give me strength and courage and keep me going. They mean the world to me.”
A spokeswoman for Murray’s lawyer said the video was recorded last week in Houston, Texas.
Over the last month, two offices connected to Dr Murray have been searched by police, as has his home.
On Tuesday, a lawyer for Katherine Jackson said she was considering taking legal action over the the circumstances surrounding her son’s death.
Burt Levitch said no final decision on a “wrongful death” action had yet been made – but hinted that Dr Murray could be the subject “because he is under investigation”.
The Los Angeles coroner’s office said it had completed its work determining Jackson’s cause of death but would not release the results until the police investigation was complete.